Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weekly update!

I know I haven't posted all week, but I decided to not bore anyone with actually what I do in a normal life (not involving chemo). No, I swear - my life is actually really exciting. I go to work, I watch TV shows, go grocery shopping, workout...jealous yet? :) Okay, all jokes aside, I am doing well! I have been LUCKY to live my normal life and do things such as grocery shop and I'm being very sincere when I say that. I have had a great week at work and have enjoyed seeing my co-workers, they always cheer me up. I have worked out pretty much everyday since Sunday and tonight I even ran on the treadmill for a short little spurt in my workout routine. It was definitely a bit harder, but I haven't ran in over one month, so it was a good little push for me.

This weekend I will be getting my massage that I was forced to reschedule due to not feeling well last Saturday. I am going to go to a haunted house tomorrow night and I'm so very excited for that. I love haunted houses and feel that it's a must to go to one during Halloween season. So, just so you are aware, when I'm 90 - I'll be going to one. I will also be making a homemade organic apple pie...yep, I'm a professional baker now - my dad and I make a great baking team! And I will end the lovely weekend with a visit from my beautiful sister...and we will be going on a hike on Sunday!

There's the weekly breakdown and I will update next week more frequently since it's time for chemo session number 3 on Monday, October 19th! Oh, in case you were wondering, I still have hair. The strand has now become plural - strands are coming out. I'm not shaving it until I begin to go bald in areas or begin to leave clumps of hair in places - that would just be embarrassing and have to admit, rather gross! :) But I'm staying positive and am going to stick to voting my hair will just thin during chemo.

And yes, how could I forget - chemo session number 3 is a big deal because I'm getting scanned after this session. The scan is going to tell how many sessions I need and how effective treatment has been to date. So yes, my vain side wants you to pray I don't lose my hair, BUT I do want you to pray MOST IMPORTANTLY that chemo is KILLING THE CANCER CELLS in my little body and will NEVER return. Thank you and goodnight - I send my love to everyone! <3

2 comments:

  1. The cancer cells don't stand a chance against a positive attitude like yours. They'll be crying for mercy on Monday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your journey. I am a 61-year old Hodgkin's survivor. Diagnosed in 96. Been through extensive chemo, radiation, a bone marrow transplant in 2005. Life is good. Best wishes! THE BEAR

    ReplyDelete