Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update...

I have been fortunate to be pretty much back to 1oo% my normal self. I am feeling relatively good and was able to return back to work this week! I sure did miss my co-workers and it's been nice to stay busy during the day. I am eating normally and am still keeping active, as that is extremely important. I had a blood test yesterday and the results came back good! My white blood cells have dramatically decreased in count and that's good because it means the chemo is destroying all those nasty cells that want to create cancerous cells. My white blood cells will continue to decrease as chemo progresses, which again is good, but can also put my immune system at risk. I need to be extremely careful when my immune system is low to avoid any infections, which means I may need to avoid crowded places or not be around anyone who is sick. My doctor is predicting I will need a shot of Neupogen after my next treatment, which will stimulate cell growth. Naturally this means more needles, but whatever - I can handle it. I have been feeling very optimistic this week since I'm feeling better :) That's all for now - hope everyone enjoys their week! I'm looking forward to seeing my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew (dog) on Saturday morning!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hey I was reading this and saw u r going to get Neupogen!!!! I rec like 12 of these when I was the donor for my sister... dont worry about those!!! They might make u feel like u had the flu but it shouldnt be tooo bad! I think the worst part is the knot u will get from the medicine but just rub it out... YOUR DOING GREAT!!! KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!!! and I will keep praying for a speedy recovery..

    xoxo Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laur,

    I'm so proud of you! You are doing fantastic! I miss you and love you! I'm praying everyday for your speedy recovery!!!

    Love,
    Er

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - hope you don't mind a stranger butting in on your blog... but just wanted to thank you for putting this out there. I'm 29 (30 at the end of the month), am 19 weeks pregnant (it's a boy) and will likely be definitively diagnosed with lymphoma within the next week. Your diagnosis story was so similar to mine - an active, healthy lifestyle and then a lump above the collarbone out of nowhere. Lots of docs saying 'it's just an infection' - and then they slowly start to change their minds and you're thinking 'no - let's stick with the infection idea'... Mine all started August 24th and I've had 3 inconclusive needle biopsies. Open biopsy Monday. Guess I'll be a couple of months behind you. If you don't mind, I'll keep reading to get some idea of what's ahead - though I imagine for me it may be a little different. Again.... thanks... it's nice to not be quite so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennie,
    I don't mind you reading this at all! I am so glad that I can give you an idea of what's ahead. Please e-mail me at cella.lauren@gmail.com and we can talk some more. I'd love to talk with you....

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete