Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The time has come!

Tomorrow is the big day, February 24th! It's so funny because I have prepped for this day as if it were my wedding day, but sadly, it's not nearly as fun as planning for that day will be - one day... :) My sister was in town this past weekend and she said to me, "We're going to grow old together" and I looked at her and told her my new goal was to make it to age 30, let alone grow to 90. Before the big cancer bus hit me, I used to plan my life all the time - I had an age where I wanted to be married by, have children by, etc. etc. Post-cancer bus hitting me, I just want to take advantage of living each day and no longer put so much pressure on myself. Sure, I will still set goals for myself and set times to accomplish them, but goals I can control. Goals I can't control will solely be put in God's hands and I will have to wait until He feels as if it's time for me to accomplish them.

I sort of cried this morning on my way to work because I was listening to a song by John Mayer called "War of my Life." I'll end this by sharing the lyrics that really touched me.

"I'm in the war of my life, at the door of my life
Out of time and there's nowhere to run
I'm in the war of my life, at the core of my life
Got no choice but to fight til' it's done

No more suffering, no more pain
Never again"

No comments:

Post a Comment