Sunday, March 21, 2010

Update...

A little update...

I am getting my first "after chemo" PET scan on April 7th and will have the results on Monday, April 12th! I have been mentally driving myself crazy. I can't seem to always have the stupid cancer in the back of my mind. It's quite annoying, so what did I do to help maybe get my mental energy focused on something else...well, I got a dog. Yep, it's true. Little Mr. Milo.

I attempted to adopt a dog at the local animal shelters, but was not successful. My dad called their veterinarian and it just so happened that someone had found a 2 year old terrier and had no luck finding its owners. The dog has now become mine. :) Hoping the little guy is able to make my days brighter and not think about the stupid thought of the stupid cancer returning.

My friend Jackie did shave my head today too. I know, finally! I was SO thankful that I never completely lost my hair throughout chemotherapy...so thankful, you have no idea. BUT it has been so thin the past two months that I knew it was inevitable that it would have to come off. I'm not bald, but it's still kind of weird looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a spinning image of Britney Spears. Kidding. It's Britney Bitch, haha. :)

That's all for now! Prayers, prayers, prayers....

No comments:

Post a Comment