Friday, March 12, 2010

Life after chemo...

I haven't blogged in what feels like forever, but in reality - it's been like 2 weeks. This is the week what we used to call my "chemo week" but as we all know, those days are over. In the past two weeks, I turned 25 and have been able to start teaching my body what "normal" feels like again. I have decided I am going to get back to pushing myself physically, so bring it on cardio! It kind of started last night though - at the airport in Vegas. I arrived at the airport a little over an hour before my flight left - all was going well until I arrived at the security before the gate. It was PACKED! The time was 5:15, my flight left at 6:06. I started getting a bit nervous and often wanted to politely ask someone to cut them in line, but never got the courage to do so. I then worried that my port inside my chest was going to ring the little metal detectors, but don't worry I had just left the doctor and had them write me a note that I was not trying to blow up the plane and I simply had a metal device in me for chemotherapy. Anyhow, left the security gates at 5:50 to get on the tram to take me to the gate...and then had to SPRINT, followed by running up the escalator. Needless to say, I was panting like a dog. I'm like, wow, I have officially aged 40 years in 8 months, I'm really 65, not 25!

I am in California now visiting my sister and brother-in-law...and I was able to go on a lengthy walk around the beach (don't be jealous, well kind of be jealous) and I even climbed these stairs. My sister kept asking me if I was okay...I think she was a bit nervous I was over exerting myself. But I did okay...so moral of these long stories is I am going to get myself back in good shape!

Okay, back to the boring medical stuff. I met with my doctor yesterday and I will be getting a PET scan probably the first week of April (waiting on the place to call me to schedule it to set an exact date). I then will meet with my doctor April 12th to get the results and kind of go from there. I do have fear that the cancer will come back...but I am trying my absolute hardest to not let my mind go there, but I tell you, it's hard.

My blood work was excellent though yesterday so my white blood cells are starting to catch on that they can live freely and not run and hide from the chemo. The doctor also told me that I do have the best possible prognosis for Hodgkin's and he felt comfortable saying there was over a 90% chance the cancer wouldn't return. But I would rather have heard 100%.... :)

Anyways, that is my life! Please continue to keep me in your prayers and send me healthy, happy, positive energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment