Thursday, August 27, 2009

Official Start Date

It's official, I start chemotherapy on Monday, August 31, 2009. Which means if I have to complete all 12 cycles of treatment, I will be done on February 1, 2010. February 1st is before Valentine's Day (I'm available, if anyone wants to know) and before my Mom's Birthday and before my 25th birthday! You know I already did the calculations of figuring that out! I am really nervous as I have no idea what to expect. I dread feeling "sick" and the thought of vomiting makes me want to vomit. My parents tell me to try to not think that way, but it's hard not to. I HOPE I don't get any of the silly side effects from chemotherapy, which includes hair loss. And naturally, my hair is getting so long and has been looking so pretty the past week. I'm like "Dear hair, are you teasing me or something?" I know my primary concern is to just get better and not have evil cancer cells in my body, but come on, as a woman, it's hard not to think of having no hair. I am going to get a wig just to be prepared for the hair loss because as soon as it starts to come out, I'm shaving it off. Yes, rather dramatic, but that's the plan. My friend Jackie is a hair stylist and I will be asking her to conduct a shaving of the head ceremony for me. Okay, I am being kind of negative, I'll stop. Send positive thoughts my way please...I'll need approximately 20,000 of them. Thanks everyone, love you!

1 comment:

  1. Can I be your Valentine? I'm single too... and apparently lately was a bit of a jerk to you, but I want to make amends! Feb 14th 2010 I think I've got time by then! K I'm gonna keep reading on now :)

    -Foskaris

    ReplyDelete