Monday, August 24, 2009

Another fun surgery day tomorrow!

Hello friends/family...I had my appointment today with the general surgeon, the one who was kind enough to remove the lymph node from my neck. My scar is healing fine, I didn't have any stitches, it was just "glued" together. So he said within the next 10 days, the glue will start to flake off. Kind of gross to say "flake off" - I know. And while I was there, I was able to schedule my port placement. The lovely little gadget that will be put into my chest is where the chemo drugs will be inserted through. That will also leave me a pretty neat scar (don't be jealous of my awesome battle wounds). I was thinking the port placement would be scheduled for this Thursday or Friday, but nope, it is tomorrow morning! I don't want to wait any longer, so I agreed to do it tomorrow at 11:30am. Hospitals and medical facilities are my new hangout. Yardhouse doesn't have anything on them. (Who notices that my lovely sarcastic attitude is back?) :) On a different side note, my parents and I bought spinach salad at the grocery store last night and we opened the container and it smelled disgusting...and the expiration date is supposedly August 30th. SO spinach salad eaters, smell the spinach prior to using. School started today, but I had to rearrange my schedule. I'll be doing online courses this semester versus classes on campus. That is all I've got for now. Continue to keep me in your prayers please! Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment