Saturday, August 22, 2009

Get up, get up...

The bone marrow test is COMPLETE and what a relief that is. To be honest, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Every time I told someone I was getting a bone marrow test, I kind of had the fearful look in my eyes and tone in my voice and their reaction was like "ohhh I've heard that really hurts." It was definitely not like going for a Swedish massage, but it really wasn't that bad. Just a lot of pressure and a sharp pain here and there. Luckily, had my parents right by my side. My doctor was trying to tell me jokes the entire time and I was laughing on the table. He did mention it was a first to see someone laughing on the table while getting a bone marrow test done. I'd like to give a thank you to that special pill I was given prior to the procedure! For those that know me well, know I love going to the gym...and I haven't seen the gym for 4 weeks now and won't be for the next few months. I have to be careful of not getting an infection during treatment. But that won't stop my workouts, I am probably going to get a treadmill and get outdoors to go on walks more. Thankfully, the good ol' Las Vegas valley will soon be going from 200 degrees to 100 degrees so I'll be able to get outside more. And lucky for me today, some pretty grey clouds came in and are hiding the sun. With that said, I'm going to get ready to go on a walk now!

No comments:

Post a Comment