Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just a little update...

My PET and CT scan results came back today...it appears that the little mean cancer cells have all localized to one area, so that's a good thing. Can I please just tell you how incredibly painful the CT with contrast was on Tuesday? Wow...probably the worst thing so far. It felt like someone lit water on fire and then ran it through my veins at approximately 200mph. It was so intense. And on top of that, I look like I got beat up. I have bruises up and down my arms for where the nurses have all not been able to put IV's in. Oh and did I mention, I have a Frankenstein scar on my neck....still waiting for that to heal. I feel super hot right now. The test today was the EKG and that was a piece of cake, I wish every test was like that. Tomorrow is the bone marrow test. Luckily, I have been prescribed some medication to take to help alleviate the pain. We'll see how that goes! I did come home today to nice surprises in the mail - my wonderful sister and brother-in-law sent me some LIVE STRONG bracelets and I got one of the most meaningful cards from a friend....of course, I got a little teary eyed from the combined items, but it made me smile. I am starting to feel my strong surrounding support system - whether it be my coworkers, my family, my friends, my old family at WESTAR....I truly feel blessed to have all these people in my life continue to feed me encouraging words and help me in any way they possibly can. I just need to keep reminding myself I AM going to get through this battle. It might get ugly, but I'm going to get through it and live until I'm 90. Yep, 90. I need to clear any negative thoughts and focus. I'm getting there...slowly, but surely. Keep on praying friends...much love.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there kid! I know you can do it! Get well soon, shots of Tequila are waiting :)

    Mama "J"

    ReplyDelete