Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And the testing continues...

Today I will be getting a PET scan, kind of a funny name, I know. I have to get another IV so they can inject some contrast into my body for this test. Did I mention I HATE IV's? I have bruises up my right arm from Friday night's surgery because the nurse couldn't find a "good vein" (gross). So, I am not looking forward to this test today at all. On Thursday, I will be getting an EKG. And then proceeding these two tests will be a bone marrow test and the installation of a port inside my chest. They are trying to finish all of these so I can start chemotherapy as quickly as possible. They are thinking they may start chemotherapy next week, but I'm not too sure of that because that would mean all these other tests would have to be accomplished by the end of this week. I am going to say by September 4th, I will have my first treatment. I have had a lot of anxiety the past two days about everything. All this testing makes everything so "real" and I still cannot believe I am going through this. I am just waiting for the doctors to call me and tell me they misdiagnosed me so I can wake up from this nasty nightmare.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    Thanks for the update; Ann and I are thinking of you constantly. We hope Point Reyes becomes one of your favorite places to visit. Keep up the great attitude and you'll be through this before you know it.

    Love,

    jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren,

    I am glad you are staying so positive through all of this. You will beat this Cancer I know it, you will have good and bad days but stay strong!! I am always hear for you no matter what! Good luck with your further testing. You are in my thoughts and prayers Lauren. I will talk to you soon love!

    Love Rachel

    ReplyDelete