Monday, November 16, 2009

Chemo Session 5 / Day 1

I have completed session 5. Yay! And it was decided this morning that I am going to do all 12 sessions, so 7 more to go. The doctor was able to explain to us that the bulk of the cancer is gone, but now we need to focus on the itty bitty cells that may be cancerous. It's the itty bitty cells that might be looking for some fun and try to start a party in my body. Therefore, we are stopping their party and going to kill them with another 7 treatments. So, I will be done in February 2010. This kind of sucks because I can't return back to campus next semester for school, which will postpone my graduation date - well, maybe. It depends how much I can cram into this summer!! But to be honest, I just want to be better. I'm tired of being the sick girl. Although, I don't feel sick and don't appear to be sick BUT I am classified as the sick girl in many conversations I'm sure. WHATEVER! And I did make the decision to go buy my wig tomorrow. I am thinning out so much and I think I'd just feel better knowing I've got the wig, in the event my hair gets crazy and all falls out one day. For instance, I went to my friends wedding on Saturday (Congratulations Lauren & Chase) but I was freaking out that I was going to wash my hair and then be bald...and the wig place not being open. Ya, I would have had to go to the wedding as Uncle Fester and it's a bit too late to dress up for Halloween right now, haha!

Okay, that is all for day 1 blogging. I'll return tomorrow with day 2 status.

Thank you to my sister and brother-in-law for visiting me this weekend!! :) Oh and thank you Jen, Jer, & Will Patterson for the beautiful card you sent me! It lifted my spirits very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment