Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I hate you cancer mc-fancer

So because Santa brought me a blackberry for Christmas - I get to blog in real time and what this means is that I am getting chemotherapy right this minute. So I get to share my feelings as the drugs are flowing through my little body. Lucky you! :) The reason why I got so sick on the first day of my last chemotherapy session is because my doctor decreased the amount of one of my steroids. He did this because steroids can sometimes cause you to blow up like a blowfish. Especially in the face. But I told my dad that I'd rather be a blowfish than feel sick like last time. Needless to say, the dosage was increased back to normal. I also got a pill form of the anti-nausea drug I get through my IV on chemo days. It's the good stuff! So since I moved to a new chemo day - my doctor is at the other location. This means I can't get chemo in my dad's office and I am in the main chemo room now. I am in the corner, which gives me some privacy, but it is still interesting to be in here. I am watching the other cancer survivors - remember they are not patients, they are survivors. Anyways, the other women have their wigs or hats on and although they are older, I realize I'm not the only person in the world getting chemotherapy right now. Other people also are experiencing hair loss, nausea, and fatigue - just like me. Although, I have met so many people online - it is comforting to see people right next to me hooked up to a weird machine. My parents are with me right now too - as usual! :) Well, that's all I've got right now. Oh one last thing, I got a weird rash on the back of my leg - it's gone away a little, but it is pretty ugly. Roarrr! I'll update this week! Keep me in your prayers!

(Don't hold me against any misspelled words in this - blame the blackberry!)

1 comment:

  1. i literally laughed so loud when i read "cancer mcfancer" my laptop bounced on my belly. you are so funny, you little writer you.

    ReplyDelete