Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Session 7 / Day 1 & 2

So yesterday was not fun at all and completely caught me off guard. Right after chemo, I immediately wasn't feeling well, which is weird because they give me some pretty good anti-nausea drugs through my IV. The car ride home from chemo, I just was feeling really nauseated. I got home, forced myself to eat some lunch and then tried to take a bath. While I was sitting in the bathtub, I felt like I was going to physically get sick. I was so confused as to why I felt this way on the day of chemo. My dad called the doctor and explained how I was feeling and apparently he is going to change the dosage next time. I was able to take one of my other nausea pills yesterday and it helped, but I just tried to sleep it off as much as I possibly could. Today, I am feeling a tiny bit better, but just trying to take it really slow. I've got my sidekick sitting next to me all day, Lucie. She is my little beagle. :)

Anyways, other than chemo ruining my day yesterday in more ways than one, I'll share some information that the doctor gave me. I told him how I was suffering from severe paranoia about my lymph nodes always being swollen and he assured me that he couldn't feel anything swollen on any part of my body. He told me that he attended a conference last week and they had stated in early stages of Hodgkin's Disease, the probability of it reoccurring is very low. And he told me instead of making myself crazy everytime I think I have a swollen lymph node to just come in and see him. Oh and last week when I had to go in to have my blood drawn, the doctor had thought my bone marrow was starting to function again on its own and I probably wouldn't need the Neupogen anymore to boost up my white count. But yesterday, I had dropped back down pretty significantly, so he thinks my bone marrow is a bit tired. And instead of risking the chance of my white count dropping so low that I would have to reschedule chemo, I am just going to be proactive and get the 3 injections this week. I'm on a tight chemo schedule and must be done by February 22nd!!

Basically, I just need to get through the next 5 sessions and then give my best attempt to move on with my life, but not forgetting what this cancer experience has taught me.

Please pray that I get through this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment