Thursday, December 17, 2009

Session 7 / Day 4

I have not fulfilled my blogging duties that well this week. I feel as if I've been slacking, so I apologize! All is well though and I am feeling a lot better. I was explaining to my sister this morning that chemo has a mind of it's own. It can sneak up on you at any given point and just knock you down hard. So, even when you are feeling really well, it's hard to get excited because you don't know what is ahead of you. That's why it's so important to stay well nourished during chemotherapy to help alleviate the nasty side effects! I am actually having a good day though, about 75% back to normal. I'm still taking my anti-nausea pills, but I always do that for the first 4 days after, no matter how good I feel. Being nauseous SUCKS. It's like your body can't decide if it wants to vomit or not. Sorry, a bit graphic description..but that's how it feels. :)

Hair update: I'm in a debate on whether or not to just shave my head. I know, wow, totally caught everyone off guard probably. So, hair's the deal...haha was that not funny? Okay, anyways, back on track...I still have quite a bit of hair on my head, BUT I am more concerned with the regrowth situation when I am finished with chemo. If I don't shave my head, it may grow back in uneven and I may look kind of weird. Also, I don't know the texture the hair will grow back as. Some people have completely different textured hair after chemo. So, whether it be now or in 2 months when I'm done, I think it's in my best interest to shave it. Yes, of course I am freaking out, but if the worst thing in this cancer madness is hair loss - so be it. I am a little nervous my hair won't grow back for some strange reason, mostly because I am paranoid 24 hours a day about everything! I have an appointment tomorrow to have my head shaved, but we'll see if I actually go through with it. I'll keep everyone posted!!

Send me good thoughts. Also, the guy from Survivor, Ethan Zohn, I have mentioned him a few times in my previous posts. His cancer is in remission finally! He definitely has gone through intensive chemotherapy and radiation and will undergo a stem cell transplant, BUT it's wonderful news his cancer is in remission. Like me, he received a negative PET scan. (the term negative is used in a positive connotation when referring to PET scans, just FYI). YAY for Ethan! Check out People.com for his video that he posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment