Monday, October 5, 2009

Chemo Session 2 Completed (Day 1)





I have completed my second chemotherapy session, which now means that I have completed my first cycle. Each cycle consists of two sessions. My doctor stated that he is leaning more towards not putting me through radiation therapy, as he is going to try to make this healing process as less toxic as possible. So, that's good. I really don't want radiation because I read that it could potentially put you at risk for other bad things later on in life. And God knows I don't want anymore hardships on my health after I overcome this battle. My first PET scan is going to be the week of October 26, 2009. They will evaluate how well I am responding to chemotherapy and then make modifications to my treatment plan. I may need all 6 sessions, which will put me out until February 2010 or I could just do 4 sessions, which means I'll be done in late December. Either way, it's frustrating, so I don't know if I mind that I would need all 6 sessions. Like I have mentioned before in previous posts, I just want to be cured. That's all that's important to me!!!! I am feeling pretty good after treatment today, back to my fist sized meals, five times per day. I am going to go on a walk in a little while also. I have taken on scrap booking as a hobby to get my mind off things! But I also am tackling some homework too...obtaining my Master's Degree is not being put on the back burner too much. Hopefully this week goes by quickly without too much agony and pain. Oh, I forgot to mention - I have to get that shot of Neupogen. And I'm sorry, make that plural...shots. Apparently, I'll need it for a few days. My first one is tomorrow morning. Blah. Okay, well please continue to keep your strong faith and pray for me. Here's a few pictures from this morning's session. Thanks to my family for all attending and staying by my side. It means a lot to me. One more thing, I made a pumpkin pie with my dad on Saturday and it came out soo- good! It fulfilled my craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment