Saturday, October 10, 2009

Not so good...

Yesterday, I woke up feeling like it was going to be a good day and I was on the road back to feeling normal for a week or so, until my next session. I carried on with my day by running errands and just living a normal life. I even bought some gluten-free cookies at Whole Foods to treat myself, since I don't really eat "sweets" anymore. I even decided to eat one because, hey, I was feeling good. It wasn't until about 6:30p.m. that I started feeling a bit queasy. I decided to make some soup and drink ginger ale. While I was eating the soup, I noticed that I was just not feeling well and couldn't finish my meal. I decided to get some fresh air and put a cool cloth on the back of my neck. Nothing seemed to be working. I don't know if you remember or not, but in a previous posting, I compared the days after chemo to be like a bad hangover. Well, when I am sincerely hungover (from a fun night out, not chemo drugs), I like to lay in the shower because I am convinced it makes me feel better. So, since I partied too hard on the chemo drugs, I decided to use the lay in the shower trick. It turns out that it did actually help me, but I just couldn't seem to feel better. I eventually fell asleep around midnight or so, but it was not a fun evening at all. I had a massage scheduled for 9a.m. this morning, but decided to re-schedule my appointment for next weekend. I think I need to take it easy today and just rest. I was so anxious to returning back to my normal life, I got a little too carried away and overdid it yesterday. So now today is going to consist of working on a final exam for school and watching movies in bed. I may try to get out for a little walk or so to get some fresh air. That's all for now...enjoy the weekend and send strength my way.

Oh, and I'm shedding a little bit more. I just found a strand of hair on my laptop. Gross. BUT, I did just find a pair of red boots at Aldo (online) - I am so excited because I've been trying to find a cute pair of red boots for so long! I just bought them! So whatever hair, fall out if you want, but I'm going to wear my cute red boots anyways!!

2 comments:

  1. yay for red boots! glad you finally found a pair - you can now sing that "boots" song like jessica simpson! - CCP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Lauren!!! I remember having those not so good days too. Continuing to pray for your speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete