Monday, November 30, 2009

Chemo Session #6 / Day 1

It is day one of chemo session #6. It's official, I'm 50% done-zo! Just 6 more times of getting a needle poked through my chest! The doctor told me this morning that I am basically just a healthy person getting chemo now, so that was good to know!

I had a wonderful weekend filled with family and friends. I even managed to go out a bit, which was nice. BUT good times come with an expense...I got a cold. Yep, all the wheatgrass and protein shakes and all the other madness I eat, the cold managed to sneak it's way into my body. So now I get to deal with the chemo side effects and a cold this week. This could get interesting.

I am only getting two Neupogen injections this week because my white blood cells are starting to stabilize on their own. It's because I'm the "healthy girl on chemo." I mean, how many times a year do you get to meet a healthy girl on chemo? That's what I thought...I'm pretty darn special. :) I still wish I would've won the lottery though...that would have made me feel just as special.

Okay, that's all I've got today. I have to organize a 28 page paper now for school. The life of getting my Masters.

Send me strength and good thoughts. Oh and HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY to my dear friend, Lauren. (I know, we've got good names!)

No comments:

Post a Comment