Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#10 - End of 5th cycle!

The chemo chair and I meet for the 10th time today - this is the end of my 5th cycle! Which means that next time I begin my 6th and final cycle! Yay! I began my morning driving to my parents house listening to "Turn my swag on" by Soulja Boy. It kind of got me pumped about getting chemo, haha, but I would have rather it pumped me up about going out somewhere fun! It is so funny how I get the worst anxiety ever to get chemo, yet every single time I sit in this stupid chair - its never that bad. And what's even funnier is that I define the word bad so differently. Nothing will ever be as bad as this cancer experience. No heartbreak, no traffic jam, no disappointment will ever make me feel as bad as it used to. As long as I'm breathing and am cancer free - I'm ready to take on whatever God hands me, and I will do my best to keep smiling.

My doctor told me I had chemo brain this morning because I asked him why I don't get PET scans as frequently as other people I have met do. His response was simply because I had a complete response in the last one and its not necessary. I then asked him what's the percentage it won't come back, in which he told me he has already told me and I have chemo brain (haha). Its about a 90% chance it won't come back. I would prefer 100% chance but hey, I suppose I will gladly accept the 90%.

My white blood cell count went up from Monday - it was about 3000 and today it went up to 4800. I think my white cells started to think they could return to normal, but little do they know Pac-Man (chemo) is going to eat them all so they better run as quick as they can. I do need my white cells high enough to get chemo though so its a good thing they increased!

Okay, that's all for now! Prayers are needed to get me through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment