Friday, January 29, 2010

Session #10 / Day #3

Day 3...hmm, usually my worst of the days after treatment, but that doesn't seem to be the trend anymore. Sadly, I think my body is becoming more immune to the chemotherapy and is not phased by it much anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I feel I can go run 5 miles right now, but I also don't feel incredibly sick either. With that being said, I still take it easy for the first 4 days after chemo because I don't want it to sneak up on me and make me sick. Remember, I am in control - not the stupid chemo or cancer! I actually am also not staying at my parents house for the week after treatment anymore, I return home now on day #2. Although it is incredibly nice to be taken care of by my parents, it's also nice to be back in my own bed. :)

Today, I am just going to be sitting at home, being a bum - but my aunt is going to bring me lunch...PF Changs...my favorite!!! And my friend, Jackie, is going to come visit me this afternoon too! :)

I haven't given a hair update in some time...I still have my hair (shockingly)! I don't have a whole lot of hair left, but I still have it. I am definitely not losing it as rapidly as I was about 3 months ago! And the areas where I did lose a lot of hair, it's growing back already! I feel like a little porcupine. I CANT WAIT UNTIL IT"S LONG ENOUGH TO GET EXTENSIONS!!! But don't get me wrong...I will quite frankly just be happy to be alive still, the hair is just an added benefit!

On Monday, February 1st - Ethan Zohn (I have referenced him many times, he is the individual who won a season of Survivor...got diagnosed with Hodgkins a while ago) - he will be on the show "The Doctors" discussing his stem cell transplant and his experience with Hodgkins. He is now in remission and I thought it'd be interesting to watch because he's been such an inspiration to me throughout this! And for the ladies, he's not so bad to look at either! :)

One last thing...I wanted to extend my love to the Patterson/Glyer family who lost a special person yesterday, Helen Glyer. May God Bless Helen!

No comments:

Post a Comment