Thursday, January 28, 2010

Typical Thursday!

I title this entry, "Typical Thursday" because, well, it's typical so far. I woke up around 3:30am and began to watch movies with my sidekick beagle, Lucie. She even woke up when I woke up, I think to make sure everything was okay. Everything was okay, it's just the steroids that have made me turn into quite the night owl. Wait, do night owls stay awake at night? I've just confused myself. You get the point though, right? :) I just took my anti-nausea pill about an hour ago - my dad made me some eggs and I accompanied those with a nice bowl of Raisin Bran. It is so important to continue to eat, even if you're not hungry because of the chemotherapy. Just trust me! For dinner last night, my mom made the most delicious pasta bolognese with my favorite, grass fed meat! I did wake up quite red again this morning, also because of the steroids. You may wonder why I have the steroids if it does these horrible things to me - well, they also are a bit of a life saver because it alleviates me from feeling so sick. I've come to find out that cancer is a no-win situation...PERIOD.

I take the anti-nausea drugs religiously for 3-4 days after treatment, but when you take the anti-nausea drugs, well, they can make you constipated. Yes, I said it. Trust me it's more embarrassing to feel it than to say it out loud. Especially when I have to go to the pharmacy and buy some over-the-counter medications to help alleviate it. I always try to throw in a fun magazine or some weird lip gloss so I don't feel uncomfortable getting rung up at the register. And then I want to tell the cashier that they aren't mine and its for my grandma or something, haha! Sadly, my grandma passed away when I was 10, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying the pills are for her...thanks grandma. :)

I have to get the three consecutive shots of Neupogen to make sure my white blood cells stay high so I don't get some outrageous infection...well, they can cause bone aches. I never got bone aches until last week...and I have to take Tylenol to alleviate those.

So, just when you think the toxic chemotherapy isn't enough - I have to take about 3 other pills daily for about a week afterwards. And I really don't like to pump my body with this extra pill stuff, but hey, I have to do what I have to do.

Okay, I think that is enough rant for today. I kind of was hoping to enlighten everyone with a funny story, but I think I'm out of jokes today. Maybe tomorrow? :)

PS...because my countdown is disabled on my blog unless you manually type in a date yourself...it says 27 days left. Just thought I'd tell you something positive so I don't sound like a complete Debbie Downer today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment