Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chem-ro #9

I cannot believe I am sitting in the chemo chair for the 9th time. It's taken me 18 weeks to get here, but I made it! I spoke to the doctor this morning and we discussed when I can get my port out and when I will get my first PET scan after chemo is done. He said that I will get my first negative PET scan about six weeks after chemo is done - so April 6th. Remember, a negative PET scan is a good thing! :) He said its up to me when I want to get my port out, but I just have to keep in mind that I have bad veins and I will be getting a scan every few months. I told him I felt a bit pessimistic keeping it in for a long period of time because I feel like that means I'm just waiting for the cancer to return. I think I am going to plan getting my port out sometime in May. Right before summer, then I can wear bathing suits without having a third nipple, haha :) My doctor also said that from a medical standpoint, my side effects have been so minimal compared to how bad it could be (if that makes sense). I am going to see how I am feeling the next few days, but since I have a long weekend with MLK day on Monday - I may head to the OC!! I haven't been since September 09' and I am just dying to go back!!! So pray I am feeling okay to go! I'll keep you updated. The only bad thing about going to the OC is I have to give myself my injection or my sister has to do it since I can't pack my dad in my bag with me. We'll see! Send me good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment