Friday, January 15, 2010

Chemo #9 / Day 3

The good news is that I made it to Newport Beach! Thank you to one of my best friends, Brittney and her boyfriend, Kurt, for dropping me off on their way to San Clemente! It feels so good to be back out here. Pre-cancer life, I was visiting my sister and brother-in-law at least once a month, usually more! But obviously with the minor road blocks of a little thing we like to call chemotherapy, my visits had to be put on hold. Not to worry though, because I am done next month and Orange County will be seeing lots of me again! I am having severe chemo brain today and am saying weird things, so please excuse me if this post doesn't make sense or if I use wrong tenses of words. My sister did an excellent job at giving me my injection. She made me laugh by pretending to act like our dad. Every time my dad gives me an injection, he goes, "Are you ready Laur" - I don't respond and then the needle goes into my stomach. Caroline (my sister) did the exact same thing and she even made me laugh. Gotta love my sister. My brother-in-law said he doesn't want to watch though, he isn't a big fan of needles. Anyways, I am going to enjoy my weekend, even though I am still a bit chemo-y. I have great faith that my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew Marshy bear (the Maltese), will help me get back to my normal self in no time! Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend - I'll be returning back to the LV on Monday.

Also, please extend your prayers out to the people in Haiti...they are most definitely in need of them! I plan to donate some money to the Red Cross and if everyone donated at least $10.00, we really could make a huge difference at saving some lives! If you do choose you want to donate, I highly recommend you find a legit website to donate to because as sad as the situation is in Haiti, of course we've got those evil people that want to scam you for some money so they can make some sort of a profit. How these scam artists sleep at night, knowing they have done something like that....not too sure.

1 comment:

  1. my mum used to give me my injections too, somehow just couldn't bring myself to do it, thank god for parents! Hayley x

    ReplyDelete