Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another round of anesthesia...

Today is the big day for the egg retrieval! My appointment is at 11:45a, but we have to get there by 11:15a. I am kind of used to the drill for surgeries now - no eating or drinking after midnight, etc. etc. Naturally, I am so dehydrated right now and want a giant beer (just kidding). I really want a giant glass of water! BUT noooo...can't have anything. When I got my lymph node removed, my surgery wasn't until 5:00p, that was so intense not eating or drinking all day. They also weigh you before a surgery and I think I was like 5 pounds less that day. Anyways, I will post later today and let everyone know how the surgery went. Supposedly I'll have some abdominal pain, but we'll see. I don't know if the doctor remembers that he is dealing with the Incredible Hulk? :)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, K I'm all caught up with your blog now! Again, sorry for the dumb comment on FB. I don't know how I feel about it, embarrassed, stupid, childish... it's like a complete mixture of feelings. And although I hope you know it wasn't sent maliciously at all, I still feel like a punk. I didn't know what was going on, but joking about something like this is just darn right dumb and look at me, it bit me in the ass! I'm very happy to hear you aren't upset with me though :) Can I tell you something, you're amazing! I was smiling the whole time I read through each blog. You have such a wonderful perspective on things and I don't think you're a debby downer at all! Things are tough I can only imagine so you're allowed to have a worry here or there. Although I've never dealt with anything personally of this magnitude, I do have the privilege of working with people everyday who are going through something similar. Some take it pretty hard, some are great about it like you seem to have been so far... but I want you to know that you're exceptional and definitely will make it though this! I'll be watching and reading from now on :) Hope you have a great day!

    PS your scar looks great and your port is hot! I've seen some bad ones, kudos to your team because they are taking great care of you!

    -Foskaris

    ReplyDelete