Monday, September 14, 2009

Kind of sad...

So I typically only like to hear positive stories about cancer and to hear about people in remission. I do not like to hear people dying or that the cancer came back to play again. First, I see that Patrick Swayze lost his battle to pancreatic cancer at a young age of 57 and then I just go to People.com to find out the cancer came back for my Survivor friend, Ethan Zohn. Ugh, I literally feel sick to my stomach. Remember, Ethan has the same disease I do, but a different type of Hodgkin's. Mine is Nodular Sclerosis whereas Ethan's is a rare form called C20. I am extremely sad right now to know that his cancer came back just shortly after he finished his chemotherapy sessions. It literally makes me sick because he was someone that I really admired in this whole process and still do. I was just praying that he was going to be okay, as it not only gave me hope, but made me feel good someone else went into remission. Now Ethan has to undergo a stem cell transplant which will be a process that will take him through January 2010 (is what he stated). He will have to spend months in the hospital too in order to get this transplant. He WILL survive the transplant and his odds are still on his side, but it's just a lot to go through again after he is coming out of chemotherapy. Obviously this makes me scared out of my mind that something like this will happen to me. Can't say much tonight except my thoughts and prayers are solely with Ethan and his family, as well as Patrick Swayze and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment