Saturday, September 19, 2009

Anxiously awaiting...

I am currently in Newport Beach, I arrived yesterday afternoon. My roommate, Korie, drove me out here. We decided to come out to spend two days here and also take my sister back to Las Vegas with us. If you haven't guessed it already, I am starting chemo next week. I know, I know - I wasn't going to say it, but I was reading over some of my previous blogs and think I may have indicated some clues that it was happening this week. I am getting pretty nervous, mostly because I am afraid of not knowing how my body will react. I am so nervous that the side effects are going to be horrible or the cancer cells won't be phased by the chemo at all due to my body rejecting the drugs. Yes, that's rare, but then again, is getting cancer rare at my age? Some may beg to differ with me on that, as there are THOUSANDS of people worldwide faced with cancer, but I guess I still just can't believe I am now a statistic. I'd rather be a statistic of something else, but guess we can't win it all. I am still feeling pretty good after my procedure on Thursday. I am not in excruciating pain or anything and was able to go on a decent walk around Corona Del Mar yesterday with Korie, which was relaxing. Last night we had a bonfire at the beach, which was also relaxing. We are going to head home this afternoon so I can get myself organized and prepared for next week. Please continue to pray for me and pray that chemo works for me and kills the bad cells and strays away from the good ones (i.e. my hair) Yes, I'm prepared to lose my hair, but when it comes down to looking at myself bald, well...that may be difficult. I think I'll just hang a picture of Brit Spears in my bathroom when she shaved her head - not sure that many will agree that the picture of her should inspire me. :) Happy weekend everyone, enjoy...but don't forget to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment