Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chemo Session #1 / Day #2

Okay, so it is day #2. I am feeling "just okay" - not great, but not too bad. I am convinced I am already losing hair though, but I may just be feeling like I am. Having a really difficult time distinguishing between what is real and what my mind is trying to do to me. I am just taking it easy today and watching Gossip Girl. Yes, I'm addicted, thanks to my sister. I am going to need season 2 by tomorrow. I have, so far, contained the nausea through pills and drinking a ton of ginger ale and ginger tea. So far, my appetite is moderate. I am eating small portions and aiming for 5 times per day. As long as I can keep well nourished through those meals, I should be okay. It is really important I continue to do so. I did notice my chest turned a bit red this morning, but apparently that is from some of the steroids you are given in the pre-meds of chemo. Lucky me. I am fortunate to be with my parents and as expected, they are doing a wonderful job at ensuring I am well nourished and comfortable. My sister left this morning, but she will be returning for my next treatment, with my brother-in-law. Please continue to pray that this chemotherapy is working and getting the bad cells out of my body while trying to preserve some good ones. We don't want to kill all the good ones too. All anyone can do for me is pray. I am greatly appreciated for those that take the time to do that. And while you are at it, pray for others, besides myself, that are experiencing this and those that have overcome it. That's greatly important. Thanks everyone...with love.

1 comment:

  1. Praying like the true Prayer Warrior that I am!!!!! God Bless! Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete