Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chemo Session #1 / Day #4

Lucky for me, today is a MUCH better day than yesterday. I had suspected Day #3 to be the worst and it sure lived up to that role. I woke up this morning and didn't necessarily feel fantastic, but I do feel better and brighter! I still am obsessed that my hair is falling out every minute, I do self tests in the morning and basically pull on my hair. A couple strands here and there lead me to believe it's happening. But again, is that my mind playing tricks on me? Probably. To alleviate the hair drama, I have decided that I am going to get a haircut this weekend and cut it above my shoulders. For those that know me well do know that I have pretty much always loved short hair. Ironically, prior to diagnosis, I was trying to grow my hair out to see what it would look like. I have pretty thick hair and it grows really fast so I wasn't having any trouble accomplishing that goal. Either way, I am going to have it cut and go from there. A short head of hair will be far less traumatic to lose, if lost. I have gone on a 20 minute walk this morning with my mom and am now relaxing watching...yep, you guessed it - Gossip Girl...Season 2 now! Thank you God for getting me through these past three days and thank you all for the encouragement and strength you have sent me, don't stop - this was just our first hurdle.

**I posted some pictures that were taken during my first treatment under Chemo Sesh 1 Completed. I made everyone pose with me, but somehow my sister escaped the photo shoot. Oh and don't worry I already submitted them to America's Next Top Model. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am wonderfully struck with reading your blog. You are determined and realistic! Hang in there and know that God knew the number of hairs on your head while you were in the womb. Your destiny is in His hands and He will see you through. Relax, watch Gossip Girl the second season (ha). vicky :)

    ReplyDelete