Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new day...

Yep, today is a new day and one day closer to the end of this journey. I am feeling pretty good today, I would say about 85% back to normal. I have been battling with the nausea the past two days because I am trying to avoid taking a pill to prevent it if I don't have to. So, the goal today is to get through the day without the pill. So far, so good. Again, it's all a mental thing. The minute I start to think about getting sick - guess who feels sick?

I've been telling my friends that ask how I am feeling (p.s. you can ask me how I am feeling now) that chemotherapy feels like a horrible hangover that greasy food from Burger King can't heal.

I found myself on google this morning looking for tips to prevent hair loss. Scalp cooling came up, but that's about it. A lot of websites did recommend cutting your hair short, not only because it's less traumatic, but because it's easier on the hair follicles.

So far the only side effect that has hit me is the nausea. Many people say they suffer from insomnia, but I haven't. I get at least 8-9 hours every night.

I pray every single day, multiple times per day, that this chemotherapy is working and that I can tolerate the side effects. I do believe that God will only hand me as much as he knows that I am capable of handling.

Well, that's all for now. I'm looking forward to getting my haircut today! :)

Have a nice weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't suffer from insommnia either infact I was the opposite sleeping up to 10 hours plus a night. Hair cut looks great btw. You are doing fantastic. Hopeing the good days will out number the bad for you. x PS. i like that comment about chemo side effects being like a hangover that greasy food can't cure - its very true!

    ReplyDelete